In recent years, e-commerce has become more popular, with
more and more businesses selling their products and services online. This shift has created a demand for new and innovative logistics solutions that can help e-commerce businesses operate more efficiently.
This is where startups come in since they are often at the
forefront of developing new and improved logistics solutions.
This blog will discuss who logistics partners are, their benefits for eCommerce businesses, and five logistics startups that are shaking up the industry.
Who are logistic partners?
Throughout the supply chain, logistics companies are responsible for moving goods and materials efficiently. They coordinate the transportation, storage, and distribution of goods to ensure that they reach their destination on time and in good condition. Logistics companies use a variety of methods to move goods, including trucking, rail, air, and sea transport.
In addition to transportation, they also provide warehousing,
packaging, and other value-added services.
The growth of the e-commerce industry is one of the major drivers of the growth of logistics companies, which are witnessing a constant increase in demand for their services.
Benefits of logistics startups to eCommerce businesses
Companies that outsource their eCommerce logistics and shipping to third-party logistics (3PL) providers can enjoy several benefits. These benefits include:
- Increased efficiency and productivity – When companies outsource their eCommerce logistics and shipping to 3PL providers, they can save valuable time and resources that can be better spent on other aspects of their business. 3PL providers have the knowledge and experience needed to streamline shipping processes efficiently. This can lead to increased productivity for businesses that outsource their eCommerce logistics and shipping.
- Cost savings – One of the biggest benefits of outsourcing e-commerce logistics and shipping to 3PL providers is the cost savings that can be achieved. 3PL providers have the scale and resources needed to negotiate lower shipping rates with carriers. They often have access to technology and systems that can help businesses save money on their shipping operations.
- Improved customer service – 3PL providers can help you manage inventory levels and shipping schedules more effectively, which can lead to improved customer service. Additionally, these providers have extensive experience dealing with customers and can provide valuable insights on how to improve the customer experience.
- Increased flexibility – Another benefit of outsourcing eCommerce logistics and shipping to 3PL providers is the increased flexibility that can be achieved. 3PL providers can help businesses tailor their shipping solutions to meet their specific needs and goals. This can lead to a more customized and effective shipping solution for businesses that outsource their eCommerce logistics and shipping.
- Risk reduction – Shipping aggregators can help businesses avoid common shipping mistakes and errors that can lead to costly delays and disruptions. Additionally, logistic providers can provide valuable resources and support in the event of a shipping mishap.
5 logistics startups that are shaking up an eCommerce
Here is the list of five logistics and shipping aggregators that is shaking up the e-commerce business and helping them to focus well on their other core business operations.
ShipBob is a logistics and shipping aggregator that is reforming e-commerce business operations. They are a technology-enabled fulfillment provider that helps businesses store, pack, and ship orders to their customers. Their platform enables businesses to connect with local warehouses and get products to customers faster and at an affordable rate.
Nimbus Post leverages new-age technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform the e-commerce shipping and logistics experience for businesses of various scales. NimbusPost is dedicated to helping Indian startups and small-scale businesses in improving their efficiency and accuracy to provide better customer service.
They cover 29000+ pin codes across the country and their international shipping services encompass 196+ countries worldwide, along with smart warehousing and fulfillment services globally. With the help of multiple courier partners, it ensures cost-effective and uninterrupted services.
Flex is a logistics startup that enables businesses to lease extra space in their warehouses as per their future needs. This allows businesses to have the flexibility to scale up or down as needed, without having to commit to a long-term lease.
Flex also offers warehousing services,
such as inventory management and order fulfillment.
4. Fluid Truck
Fluid Truck is a logistics startup that is shaking up an e-commerce
by making it easier and more affordable for businesses.
They have a platform that connects businesses with trucking companies,
so businesses can get the best rates and
service for their shipping needs.
Fluid Truck also offers real-time tracking and visibility
into the shipping process,
so businesses can always know where their orders are.
Loadsmart is another shipping aggregator that is boosting e-commerce businesses with its affordable service to ship orders conveniently. Felipe Capella and Ricardo Salgado launched Loadsmart in 2014, and it is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States.
Using Loadsmart, shippers can transfer their cargo quickly and carriers can keep their vehicles full. Users can get quotes, reserve trucks, and follow their freight from pickup through delivery via the company’s online platform.
In recent years, we have seen several emerging logistics startups that are providing eCommerce businesses with the tools and technologies they need to streamline their operations.
Logistics companies play a vital role in the global economy, and they are only going to become more important in the years to come. Therefore, choosing the right shipping aggregator can be a blessing for your business.