We’ve all done it: searched Google for a name, only to be presented with an endless stream of results. That’s why I created my own People Card.
If you’re a Google user, then you know that the search engine is full of useful information. One of the best ways to catch up on what’s happening right now is by using Google’s People Search, ” google add me to search“feature, which lets you see who’s talking about your favorite topics or interests in real time. But there are some limitations associated with using this feature:
You can’t search for yourself or create an account if you’re not already logged into gmail; it also won’t work if someone else has created a People Card for you online (like an employer might do). But fear not! We’ll show you how to get around these restrictions by creating your own People Card from scratch—and then editing it so it matches your needs exactly.”
Step 1: Go to google.com/aboutme on your computer or the Google app on Android
Go to google.com/aboutme on your computer or the Google app on Android.
On a computer, you can click the “Get Started” button in the top left corner of the page and then sign in with your Google account information. On an Android device, head to Settings > Accounts > Add Another Account or create a new one if you don’t already have one set up (you’ll need this later).
Step 2: Sign in to your account (or create one for free) and follow the prompts to add a photo, basic info about yourself and links to websites you want to share (like your blog or social channels).
The first step is to sign in to your account (or create one for free). This can be done by clicking the button that says “Sign In,” then entering your email address and password. Once you’re logged in, follow these steps:
- Select Add Me To Search from the menu on the left side of your screen.
- Fill out all fields as requested, including a picture and basic info about yourself.
- Click Next when finished adding all required information into those boxes above!
Step 3: Customize your profile with a tagline, background photo and links to connect with others across Google.
In this step, you can add a tagline and background photo. You can also choose who can see your profile so that only people in the same room as you will be able to view it.
To change your name or profile photo:
- Click on the “Profile” menu option at the top of any page (not just Gmail). It’ll open up a new window with options for editing your details. Click on the “Update” button next to each field name if you’d like to make changes there instead; otherwise just leave them alone!
- If something doesn’t look right when browsing through all these options, try choosing another one until something looks good enough for sharing online (or offline)!
Step 4: Review your People Card, and make any changes you want. Your new profile will appear when someone searches for you on Google.
Once you’ve created your People Card, you can make changes to it at any time. Here’s how:
- Click the “My Profile” link in the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to Google’s homepage, where all of your accounts are listed on one page.
- Click on an account that has a red icon next to it (this is usually the account associated with your name). You should see something like this:
- A blue bar with three horizontal lines across it; this represents that this is an existing profile for someone else (not yours).
- Their picture and name above theirs; these two items represent their name and photo respectively.
- A green bar with three horizontal lines across it; this represents yours!
You can create your own personal Google search result
- You can add a photo.
- You can add basic info about yourself.
- You can link to websites you want to share and other content that’s relevant to your search query, like blog posts or videos.
- You can customize your profile with a tagline (e.g., “I’m an active traveler”), background photo (e.g., “My dog’s favorite place”) and links to connect with others across Google (e.g., my personal website).
Also Read: What are People Also Search For or People Also Ask?
Create your People Card.
- Go to Google.com/me and click on “Add Your People Card.”
- Click on “Add Me To Search.” This will take you to the page where you can choose what type of card you want to create and fill out some basic information about yourself.
Edit your card’s information
- Edit your profile photo.
- Update your contact information.
- Add a job or education, if you have one.
- Add any additional comments that are appropriate for this item such as “I’m looking for a job!” or “I need some advice.”
Add a profile photo
To add a photo to your People Card, you can upload one from your computer or choose one from Google Photos. You can crop and rotate the image as needed, then resize it to fit on the card.
If you have another social network profile picture that looks great and would be appropriate for this project (and don’t mind sharing), feel free to use it! That way, when other people see what kind of person they’re getting into contact with by clicking “add me,” they’ll see not just their own picture but also yours!
How do I know if my card is available?
When you’re ready to create your People Card, go to Google.com/search and type your name in the search box. If you see an image of yourself (or someone who looks like you), then it’s available. If not, it isn’t!
You can create your own card on google
Creating a People Card is easy, and you can do it in a few minutes.
- Go to Google My Business
- Click on “Add a new property”
- Fill in the form with your information (name, address, etc.) and click “Continue”
If you have any questions or concerns about adding a People Card to your company profile, please feel free to email us at [email protected]
Now you know how to create your own People Card! The next time you search on Google, you can be found by all the people in your network. And that’s just the beginning of what we have planned for this feature. We hope you will continue to share feedback with us as we improve it over time.