Whether it is shifting home, moving city, or shipping your goods within or outside the city, you no longer need to wait in the long queue at the transporter’s office. Simply get yourself registered with a truck transportation app, set the source and the destination, schedule the timing of the pickup and estimated delivery, make the payment, and you’re done!
What is a truck booking app?
Truck booking applications act as packers and movers, which are the end-to-end solution that allows the customers to find movers and packers, and track the goods on the way at the comfort of their location. Additionally, they act as logistic aggregators which connect shippers, drivers, and carriers on a single platform to enable hyper-local deliveries seamlessly.
Primary considerations for Logistic App Development
Starting the cost is dependent on multiple factors like target audience, what types of logistic apps are currently present in the market, what type of logistics apps are ideal for the business, who are the leading logistics apps and businesses in the market, how logistic apps generate revenue for leading logistic companies, what are the core features that a logistics apps should have, what are the unique features and user experience attributes for your logistics app.
Advantages of Truck Booking Platforms
- Full load services – It offers full-load transportation Services with varied types of trucks available at the click of a button.
- Advance Booking – To check vehicle availability on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure on-time reporting.
- Transparent Pricing – It should offer the best possible rates online.
- Live Tracking – For real-time updates of your goods with simplified technologies.
- Quick and Easy Portal – The truck booking platform should be easy to operate and must have a hassle-free online booking system.
- 24/7 Services – Truck bookings apps must offer twenty-four by seven customer support as the recipient and the sender needs to stay informed on the status of shipment.
Features of Trucking Applications
- Customer/User Panel – Customer registration, vehicle selection, booking selection, and tracking, payment gateways, shipment tracking, real-time alerts, fare charge calculator, user booking history, ratings, and reviews, Registration option, Booking, Push notifications, Messaging, Ride tracking, Payment method, Feedback and Customer support
- Dispatcher Panel – Login/register, order request management, remaining available or busy, consignment details, manage profile, navigation, marking delivery status, freight/shipping details, access to a historical report, Driver profile, Ride alert, Route optimization, Push notifications, Messaging and calling, Reports on orders, earnings, kilometers
- Admin panel – Dashboard, fleet/vehicle management, invoices, payment management, real-time driver tracking, Driver management, Vehicle management, Fare management, Billing & Invoice, Customer Support & Feedback
Value Added Features
Such applications assimilate shippers or the customer app, driver app, and the administrator panel. These are the Uber for trucking apps with all the features that delight customers with seamless booking experience on native iOS and Android apps. Customers are able to book shipments by providing pickup, destination, delivery schedule, and package details. They can track the package in real time with an expected time of arrival. They receive timely notifications for the best end-to-end shipping experience. Such applications should have multiple payment options for hassle-free payments. Customers can also rate and provide feedback for a better shipping experience.
Types of Logistics Apps
- Fleet management app – Helps in managing vehicle and fleet data and coordinating their movement and operation for transport needs.
- On-demand logistics app – To cater to the goods delivery requirements for businesses and individuals.
- Warehousing app – To store and manage a huge amount of logistics warehouse data.
- Tracking and forwarding app – To track the road vehicles and forward real-time information regarding the state of delivery and timing.
How does it work?
Meanwhile, at the source, the customers need to define the type of load, mention the weight, dimensions of the loading packet (s), pick and drop locations, and schedule the transportation and the delivery time. The trucking app matches the details with the availability of the drivers, and the carriers who then take part in the bidding. The one who is available for the prescribed time slot is assigned the delivery task. Stepwise:
- Book your truck through the website/call center
- The truck booking system finds the nearest truck for you
- Get updates and notifications via SMS and Email
Transportation app for same-day courier network, a transport trading exchange solution that serves companies as well as couriers, shippers, and hauliers by being a full-fledged transport logistics solution. It might take close to 1.5 years of estimated time to build a truck booking platform with Angular JS for the front end, Laravel PHP for the backend, and MYSQL as the database.
- GPRS and Routing: Geolocation API, Google maps for route optimization
- Database: MongoDB, MySQL, Hbase, Cassandra or Postgress
- Cloud: Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure
- Backend: Node.js, Ruby, Python, Laravel
- Mobile App Development: React Native, Ionic, Flutter
- Registration and profile: API platforms: Nexmo or Auth0
- Notifications: Apple Push Notification Service (APN) for iOS devices and Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) for Android
- Messaging and support: Twilio, Nexmo
- Payments: Braintree, Stripe, PayPal
- Cloud Storage: Amazon Web Support, Microsoft Azure
- Real-time analytics: Hadoop, Spark, Cisco, BigData, Apache Flink, IBM, and Loggly
Available Alternatives in 2023
- TruckGuru App
- Rivigo App
- Porter App
- BlackBuck App
- Blowhorn App
Conclusive: Where can we go from here?
A truck booking application should prove to be a way to create the logistics into a seamless transition business. The entire creation process needs to offer updated information on the exact position, with some clarity on the ETA of the consignment at the destination. Tracking should be transparent and must enable managers and drivers to divert the routes whenever necessary to beat the piling traffic.
Trucking management platforms deploy many third-party apps to enable fleet managers in planning routes and consignment deliveries as per optimized routes. Regular information about the routes helps fleet managers and drivers to make alternative arrangements during contingencies. It triggers event-driven updates to managers regarding every movement.
While it might not be feasible to integrate all the features that we just discussed above they can still be made to work in tandem with some basic app features. Everyone needs a service that delivers world-class quality at an affordable cost. While it may not be a good idea to pay too much, following this excerpt can definitely help understand what is required and where action is required.