With the rise of technology and social media, an email list has become more important than ever in today’s marketing world. But hospitals are not always sure how to start building their email list or if they even have one. Start with these 10 hospital marketing strategies to grow your email list, beginning with the most basic step: creating an email list in Mail Chimp or another provider.
1) Create a Compelling Opt-In
In the hospitals email list era, gaining potential patients was as easy as walking up and handing them a pamphlet. Nowadays, in the technology era, hospitals need to find other ways to capture the email addresses of interested individuals. One successful way is by hosting an online contest where participants sign up for a chance at winning an amazing prize. This contest attracts individuals and adds email addresses to your hospital email database, which can be used later on for promotions and updates about your hospital.
2) Use an Email Pop-Up
To grow your email list, there are few different ways you can go about it. One way is by adding an email pop-up on your website. It will encourage visitors to subscribe and stay in contact with your hospital. This way, they won’t miss any important future updates or events you might be holding. With this strategy, you’ll have more subscribers to your hospital’s email list, which means more potential patients for the hospital!
3) Leverage Social Media
Tapping into social media can be a great way for hospitals to build their email list. Posting on your Facebook page, Twitter or Instagram with the hospital’s email address makes it easy for followers to sign up and stay in touch with the latest updates from your institution. A hospital mailing list can inform current patients about relevant changes and upcoming events.
4) Run a Contest or Giveaway
You can run a hospital marketing contest or giveaway to grow your email list. This is a great way to increase engagement with your hospital email database. It’s also an excellent way for hospitals to reach out and connect with potential patients who may need their services. Hospital mailing lists are important in today’s technology era because it enables hospitals to stay connected with their past, present, and future patients. With a hospital mailing list, hospitals can easily keep up-to-date on the news of the patient population they serve by sending out relevant newsletters.
5) Use an Exit-Intent Pop-Up
An Exit-Intent Pop-Up will tell your site visitors that they are leaving your page and offer them the option of subscribing to your email list. This is a great way to increase your hospital mailing list. Remember that this strategy may not work for every website visitor, so implement it on high-traffic pages.
6) Embed an Email Sign-Up Form on Your Website
Email marketing is a great way to stay in touch with your customers, patients, and visitors. With our easy-to-use embed code, you can display the form on your hospital’s website or blog and collect email addresses immediately. Our list of hospitals ensures that only opted-in individuals will receive your message. Hospital mailing lists are built on the idea that if someone fills out an online form requesting information from one hospital, they may also be interested in other hospitals. You can add this information to your hospital’s database so that when you send out a mailing list, you have this person ready for contact.
7) Implement an Automated Welcome Email Series
To get the most out of your marketing campaigns, it is important to keep in touch with new and existing patients. You can do this by implementing an automated email campaign that sends emails for the patient’s first few weeks with you. This will help establish trust and familiarity, key components for successful long-term patient relationships.
8) Add an Email Sign-Up Link to Your Email Signature
We’ve just added an email sign-up link to our email signature, so now, when you read an email from us, you’ll have the option of adding yourself to our hospital mailing list. We hope this will help us grow and stay connected with people interested in healthcare and hospital marketing.
9) Add an RSS-to-Email Subscription Option
In this era of technology, more and more people are opting for email subscriptions over RSS feeds. Here’s a simple way to offer both options: Provide an opt-in form that lists your hospital’s email address and an RSS feed link.
10) Leverage User-Generated Content
- Compile hospital mailing lists. Hospitals email addresses are usually available on the hospital website or by contacting their marketing department. Make sure you also compile a list of hospitals in your area and the contact information for their marketing departments.
- Create an email database of hospitals’ names, addresses, and phone numbers. You can use Mail chimp’s API to create this list if you do not want to enter each hospital’s information manually. The API will automatically populate the data fields with the hospital’s name, address, and phone number. If your target audience includes multiple regions (e.g., Northern California vs. Southern California), you should have separate databases to include all hospitals within those regions.
- Conduct outreach to hospitals to add them to your database. Once you have compiled a hospital mailing list from sources like Hospital Aware, Google Maps, Yelp!, etc., reach out individually through social media and email requesting permission to include them on your list.
- Add hospital staff members’ names and emails when they provide them during the outreach process. For example, if one person replies via Facebook saying they work at Hospital Aware, you can then type their name into LinkedIn or Google+ after connecting with them through Facebook Messenger or SMS text messages; then send an invite request for them to be added to your hospital email database where they will be able to receive updates about special events happening at Hospital Aware.
- Send thank-you notes to hospitals for their contributions to the hospital mailing list. Thanking hospitals is important because we all know how busy healthcare professionals are, and adding themselves to a hospital email database takes time away from what they need to be doing – taking care of patients! Not only does this show appreciation, but it also provides a reason why people should continue being on your hospital mailing list: You’ve contributed enough already! We love you too!
- Send weekly updates featuring new content relevant to healthcare providers who might subscribe because they share similar interests with Hospital Aware.
While hospitals have been around for centuries, marketing and advertising have changed significantly. Hospitals are growing their email list by looking for new leads on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. They also use hospital mailing lists to contact potential patients. Hospitals also tailor their marketing efforts by targeting specific demographics with specialized ads.