What is PGDM?
PGDM courses are among the most sought-after courses amongst today’s young people because they are among the highly sought-after professional courses of Management in India, the candidates looking to pursue this management course should be aware of the career opportunities that follow completion of the PGDM program. By taking up the PGDM course, business students gain the requisite armory of knowledge and life skills that will help them in starting their successful management careers. A PGDM course prepares students for tackling the real-world business management field, making them equipped with the appropriate knowledge and skills.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you should pursue PGDM courses:
- The curriculum provides students with the skills needed to be successful in the modern business world. Industry experts recommend PGDM (Postgraduate Diploma in Management) courses as a chance for you to build a fulfilling career. There has been a bit of confusion among aspirants on whether they should go into Management either through an MBA program or through the PGDM. The PGDM Institutes in India offer a great range of choices when it comes to specialization.
- A PGDM degree is one of the best courses because it prepares students for the management career ahead. The appearance is because of several factors at colleges in India, which makes the PGDM seem to outperform a traditional MBA. While increased demand for an MBA is due to the fact that an MBA is an ideal course in Management for starting your career in a company, PGDM is not too far behind.
- Today, there are a lot of students who are always keen on choosing the PGDM courses rather than going for traditional MBA courses. The higher demand of PGDMs has led to an industry boom and created new opportunities, which the courses equip students to leverage, and any college graduate is eligible for the PGDM.
- Since the PGDM syllabus is designed independently from the conventional books and theories, it gives students greater scope to develop skills, increasing their chances to secure a good job.
- Compared with the MBA course design, the PGDM programs are sector-specific, so you are taught only the things that you need to know in order to be prepared for the particular industry you are planning on building a career in.
- In comparison to the structure of MBA courses, PGDM courses at colleges in Mumbai are always industry-specific, so you are taught only the required syllabus to set you up for the specific course where you want to build your career. The PGDM courses in India offer specializations such as international finance, corporate management, business analytics, rural management, and few more.
- PGDM courses in India offered by some of the best PGDM Institutes approved by the AICTE provide great exposure to real-time scenarios for students through their factory visits, internship programs, and some other interactive programs.
- The PGDM syllabus includes practical exposure to industry via organizational studies, internships, and work projects which helps students build business networks that also help them in getting PPOs (Pre-Placement Offers).
- PGDM courses not only focus on class-based learning, they aim at improving your overall effectiveness and skill-set, so you will face no problems once you get to the corporate world. A professional diploma course such as the PGDM includes updated industry insights and a revamped syllabus, making it more beneficial to new graduates.
- Most students find that the cost is a small price to pay considering the bright prospects and the knowledge and skills gained from the institute offering PGDM courses. There are easier and better funding options that are available, should one choose PGDM degrees, since there are institutions that are accredited by the AICTE, which makes the institutions easier for obtaining educational loans, since banks frequently come up with offers to students at lower interest rates and flexible loans which can be paid off conveniently.
Here are the top 10 colleges for PGDM from around the world:
- Trinity College Dublin
- University Of Melbourne
- National University Of Singapore
- Harvard University
- The University Of Auckland.
- School of Business Management SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- AIMS Institutes, Bangalore
- DBS Dehradun – Doon Business School
- Alliance School of Business, Bangalore
- MIT SOB Pune – MIT School of Business
Overall, the programme is excellent and will give you the skills you need to pursue a career in the field of management. The best part is that you can choose a specialization of your choice and the course is very flexible. You can choose from a wide variety of specializations such as marketing, finance, human resource management, operations management, supply chain management, information technology, and many more. The duration of the course is around three years and can be completed in two years if you have a full-time job.